50 Insane Facts About Hair
50 Insane Facts About Hair
- Each strand of hair can contain up to 14 different elements including traces of gold
- Human hair can be used to make an additive that is found in foods such as the dough for Pizza Crusts and Bagels
- Healthy hair, when wet can stretch to 30% its original length
- A cheap Chinese producer of soy source HONGSHUAI SOY SAUCE was found to use amino acids from human hair.
- 10 miles (16 km) yearly gross product per head of hair
- Hair absorbs oil from the water, working as a natural Sponge
- Two Elephants Or 12 Tones is the weight a whole head of hair could support.
- The anticipation of SEX makes hair grow faster
- Human hair is used by groups of eco-friendly volunteers to clean up Oil Spills
- 40-150 strands of hair is the number everybody sheds per day (unless you’re bald)
- 2750 kg or 45 men is the answer to “how strong is Rapunzel’s Hair?” A paper produced by The the department of Physician and Astronomy at the University of Leicester.
- The only part of hair that is not dead is the hair that inside Your Scalp
Insane Facts About Hair Color
- 2% is the Percentage of world population with blonde hair
- Black Hair is the most common hair color.
- The rarest hair color is red and is only found in 1% of the world’s population
- 13% of the Scottish population, has red hair. The highest proportion of redheads in the world.
- In 1950, about 7% of American women dyed their hair. Today 75% of America women dye their hair
- In a survey by Clairol, they found perceptions of people differed based on their hair color.
**Blonde==Fun and flirty
**Brunettes ==Smart and serious
- 2-6% of the American population are redheads USA has the largest population of redheads.
- Blonde hair can fetch up to 3x the price as dark hair. 100g of blonde, European hair = 1000 Pounds sterling ($1,600)
Insane Facts About Hair Biology
- 100,000 is the average number of hairs on the head.
- Hair is the second fastest growing tissue in the body only BONE MARROW is quicker
- Hair Is Composed Of
**Hydrogen (1) = 6.36%
**Sulfur (16) =5.0
** Nitrogen (7) =17.14%
**Oxygen (8) =20.85%
**Carbon (6) =50.65%
- Blondes Average hair strands – 146,000
**Black haired average hair strands – 110,000
**Brown haired average hair strands – 100,000
**Redheads average hair strands – 86,000
- Hair cross-section can be used to tell what race or ethnic origin you are
**People of Asian descent have very round shaped hair
**People of African descent have very flat shaped head
**People of European descent have oval shaped hair
- Hair contains information on what has been through your blood stream, including minerals and drugs
- HAIR is one of the most types of forensic evidence.
- All of the hair follicles in humans are formed when fetus is Five Months Old
- Hair can cover the whole body with the exception of the Soles Of Feet Palms Of Hands Mucous Membranes Lips
- Gender is one thing that cannot be identified by hair strand.
- We get goose bumps when it’s cold because our hair follicle contract, causing our skin to bunch up and hairs to Stand on End
- 5 million is the approximate number of hair follicles the human body has
Insane Facts About Hair Beauty
- The word shampoo comes from the Hindi-Urdu word ‘Champna‘ meaning “to smear, knead the muscles, message”
- 5 months is the average time a man spends shaving in his life.
- One hour and 53 minutes is the average weekly time girls spend washing, blow drying and styling their hair. By the age of 65, they will have spent more than seven months of their lives on their hair.
- World’s Longest Ear hair Radhakant Baijipai (India)
- 500 pounds/ $780 is the average amount women spend on styling products.
- If a man never shaved his beard, it would grow to over 30 feet
- World’s Longest hair (Male) Tran Van Hay (Vietnam) measured at 6.8m (22ft 3 in) at death in 2010 weighed 10.5kg
- For it to apparent that you are a balding you would have to lose 50% of your hair
- 13 days is the time it takes for any white or grey hairs to show from stress, shock or aging.
- Xie Jinping (China) is the worlds longest hair (Female) Guinness world records measured at 5.627 m (18 ft 5.54 in) in 2004. Growing her hair for 30 years
Insane Facts About Hair History
- The Ancient Egyptians were the first to remove unwanted Body Hair
- In Ancient Greece, blonde hair was associated with Prostitution
- Dreadlocks are said to have biblical justification
“All the days of the vow of his separation there shall no razor come upon his head: until the days be fulfilled, in the which he separateth himself from the LORD, he shall be holy, and shall let the hair of his head grow” – Book of numbers 6:5, KJV Bible
- In Ancient Rome, women dyed their hair blonde with Pigeon Dung
- In 1705, Peter the great of Russia instituted a Beard Tax to westernize Russian society
- During the Renaissance, it was fashionable for women to pluck their hairline to give them a Higher Forehead
- In Renaissance Venice, women dyed their hair blonde using Horse Urine
- The Ancient Greeks believed that redheads would turn into Vampires after died
- Beard Tokens were inscribed with: “the beard tax has been taken” and “the beard is a superfluous burden
- During the Victorian era, jewellery and lockets were made from the Hair of Deceased LOVED ONES