Washing Hair Every Other Day: Treatment options for people with psoriasis of the scalp
The hair of a woman is her beauty weapon and she always wants it to be silky, shiny and beautiful. Healthy hair is just equivalent to beautiful hair, but if you have a scalp condition like psoriasis what do you need to do to keep our scalp and hair well maintained? Do you know that beautiful hair is still possible even if you have scalp psoriasis? The treatment can generally be done in two ways. Treatments aim to control symptoms of this disease which may be embarrassing and annoying. The first one is through topical medication and the other is through natural remedies.
With topical medication, the scalp is treated by using various substances. Corticosteroids are used in this medication, especially if the condition is worse. Corticosteroids may be present in various forms and can be used safely for a long period of time. Aside from corticosteroids, keratolytics are also used. These are urea, lactic acid and salicylic acid. By using these medications, the scales are loosened up and removed.
Additional scalp psoriasis treatment is through medicated shampoos with salicylic acid or coal tar. Using these shampoos may relieve the patients of itching and scratching, for they can be very effective in removing the scales. Oral medication can be prescribed by your physician in conjunction with this topical treatment that directly treats the scalp. Systemic medication can be done orally or through injection. There is a good news for those suffering with psoriasis and would like to find the best solution without going through invasive and expensive treatments as well.
The role of a medicated shampoo is very essential not just for those with scalp problem, but for those who would like to use a shampoo that is made up of all natural ingredients and minerals from the Dead Sea. It can help in optimizing your hair and it is also rich with natural botanical extracts and minerals as well. This shampoo helps in soothing the scalp and eradicates any irritation that the person feels. Damaged hair will not be a problem anymore because it was made to gently, act on the hair without drying the scalp. This shampoo from Vardi & Migdal is also best for those with oily hair, since it has a natural ingredient that can help in the proper absorption of so much oil naturally. This shampoo can also help in making the hair shine beautifully. It will not make the hair dull and it will also help in controlling dandruff which is a common problem of people with eczema and psoriasis.
This is considered to be natural remedies for this disease as opposed to chemical based treatment options. This shampoo is made up of herbs and oils. Some people suffering from the symptoms of scalp psoriasis use products that have sea salts. Others just add sea salts in their shampoo. Aside from sea salts, a mixture of aloe Vera and jojoba oil is also used. If itching becomes excessive, some patients can find relief from chamomile tea or olive oil. Alternative scalp psoriasis treatment may also include lifestyle changes. Diet is given importance in this therapy.
Psoriasis is a lifelong disease that has no definite cure yet. A Shampoo for psoriasis treatment is designed to deal with the symptoms that tend to make this condition more difficult to deal with. Patients suffering from this immune disorder report feelings of depression and low self-esteem since the patches and plaque are unpleasant to look at, not to mention the discomfort brought by the itching and scratching. Both men and women may suffer from this disease, and throughout history, reports of people who had the same illness were evident.
Tips on washing hair every other day
Itching scalp may occur during winter and fall season. Homes and businesses are starting to turn on their heaters. This means that less moisture will be in the hair from your skin in the next days to come. You may drink less water during these months than in warmer months. Well, there are ways to bring back the life to your skin and fight the itchy feeling.
- Cut your shower time, no matter how good it feels, lessening your shower time during cold days can be very helpful. This robs off the moisture on your skin and its natural oils too. 5 minutes of showering per day can help you keep those oils and moisture on your skin. This can also help you in saving money for your electric bill.
- Drinks lots of water. 8 cups of water per day can help in hydrating the skin and other organs of the body. It can also help in flushing toxins daily.
- Take a daily dose of omega 3 fatty acids. It will help your skin, joints and ligaments healthy too. 2 grams of fish oil per day are helpful in keeping your skin healthy as well.
- Turn your humidifier on. Home heating will bring moisture in the air during winter season. You may keep it at 35%.
- Put on a dose of moisturizer after every shower. This is the right time, since your pores are open and they are ready for protection.
- Stop using soaps and shampoos that contain harsh chemicals. You need to read the labels before you buy certain products for your skin, especially those you intend to use on your scalp and hair. Washing hair every other day is just fine if you know your scalp can handle it. A clean hair feels fresh and smells good too, but washing daily can compromise the health of the scalp and hair at the same time. How often do you need to shampoo your hair and scalp depends on how oily your scalp is and it also depends on the texture of your hair. Washing hair every other day will not compromise the sebums that travel smoother, straighter and shinier hair. Sebum helps in moisturizing & waterproofing the shaft of the hair.
- Do not use dry shampoos and shampoos if you have scalp psoriasis. Don’t use any hair products with sulfate ingredients. It can irritate the skin and it is also known as a drying agent that will strip off the oil from your scalp. It can be compared to an agent that will strip off the grease from your car.
- You can wash your hair daily, but overdo it. Expert recommends suggest you do the washing hair every other day using a medicated shampoo or until the flakes sheds off. You can do this with a regular anti-dandruff shampoo at least two to three times a week. Too much shampooing with harsh chemicals can irritate the scalp and dry it out even more. It will cause serious problem later on.
- Stay away from stressful things. Stress can cause dandruff, you can exercise to stay away from stress and live a healthy and normal life. Eat healthy foods and stay away from sugary foods. Foods rich in vitamin B6 & zinc can help in keeping the scalp healthy.
- Your dermatologist will recommend you to use a scale softener. This is composed of salicylic acid that can soften the thick and persistent patches on your scalp. These softening patches will enable the medicine to work better and become effective. Just make sure you partition the hair accordingly whenever you apply the medicine. This way, you can be sure that the medicine will be on the scalp and not on the hair.
You can try the power of apple cider vinegar. A part of it when mixed with water can help in making the hair condition normal. You can place it in a jar and keep it for future use. You can wash it just like the normal kind of washing you do, but make sure not to let it get into your eyes. If you have scalp psoriasis or cuts on your scalp, it will burn, if this happens, you just have to rinse it off with water. Leave it for 15 minutes and then rinse it with water. The vinegar will bring odd smell of your hair, but it will be gone after drying it. You can do this weekly, but not every day.
Baking soda is said to also help. Instead of washing hair every other day with a regular shampoo, you can apply some baking soda on your wet hair and then wash it after a minute or two. Do you know that after weeks of using baking soda on your hair, you can see its magical effects? Your hair will start to produce natural oils that will leave the skin moisturized and dandruff free too. Just make sure not to wash your hair with vinegar and baking soda regularly, because the pH level of baking soda is not balanced and it may cause harm to your scalp.
Having beautiful hair is the idea of being important in the society, so it should be always beautiful. A woman with long, thick and shiny hair is an idea of a life force. During the ancient times, people believe that these women have the power to prosper in life and to create prosperous farms and can take care of many kids. There is a stigma for women with short and dull hair and they are outcast from the society during the ancient times. But time is continually changing the way people see beauty changes in time too. Now it is not just women with long and beautiful hair that must be admired, but all of them who were able to maintain beautiful, healthy and shiny hair.